Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Fun with Raven's Rascals

I thought it would be fun to have a time to share what we're up to and give you a chance to get to know us better by sharing something fun we did during the week. However, there are some weeks like this week where we just go through our routine and don't do anything super exciting. But, on those weeks, I'll share something I found funny. Then hopefully I can bring a smile to your face. :o)

I'm a huge fan of puns. They're corny as all get out, but I never cease laughing at them. So here's one I heard today:

"The friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. 

Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought this was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. 

He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. 

So the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. 

Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that: 

Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars."

See, corny, but I laughed! I'd love to hear some of your favorite puns! Feel free to share!

No comments: